Sunday, October 31, 2010

Will You Let Me Drown





I'm loving today, especially since it is Halloween (one of my favorite holidays, second to Christmas!). I have been struggling lately with keeping up with my faith. I feel as though I am slipping through the cracks. I have a devotion that relates to Halloween, my roommate was talking about something that was said in her church today.



You see, our salvation is similar to carving a pumpkin. When you pick out your pumpkin it's dirty and muddy, after you clean it you begin gutting out all the goop inside. You then carve out a happy face and end with lighting the inside of the pumpkin with the light of a candle. Jesus is our pumpkin carver, he cleans us up, guts out all of the mess inside of us and lights us from the inside out.



"May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays."

No comments:

Post a Comment