Monday, October 11, 2010

In Your Name I Find Meaning


Back to reality. The mission trip to Pineville was everything I had hoped for and much more. It was a blessing to be surrounded by such amazing people. My small group was so great and by the end of the weekend we have completed a 72 foot wheelchair ramp for these two elderly women. We never actually met the two women but in our small group we discussed how it would be somewhat more important to them and us that we never met. The women can see the ramp and instead of seeing something that a group of college students made, they can see something that Christ help build and the amazing blessings that he can create.


I take for granted the wonderful things I have in my life. I am surrounded by wonderful friends, a strong family, and a blessed lifestyle. I have grown a lot this semester, both emotionally and spiritually. I have faith that my blessings and growth will rub off on many people. My growth has made me grow apart from some of my friends, I just hope they recognize the fulfillment i have received and let Christ into their lives.



"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."
-Frederick Keonig

No comments:

Post a Comment